14th to 16th of October 2022
Jamboree-On-The-Internet AKA JOTI (& Jamboree-On-The-Air AKA JOTA) is an official international event of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM). JOTI(& JOTA) is a youth programme event intended for young people in Scouting of all ages.
The purpose of JOTI(& JOTA) is to enable and encourage Scouts around the world to communicate with one another by means of amateur radio and the internet, providing a fun and educational Scouting experience and promoting their sense of belonging to a worldwide Scout Movement.
At world level, JOTI(& JOTA) is coordinated by the World JOTA-JOTI Team (WJJT), led by a World JOTA-JOTI Coordinator (WJJC). The WJJT reports to the World Scout Committee and is supported by the World Scout Bureau.
JOTI(& JOTA) related activities take place simultaneously all around the world each year during the third weekend in October. The programme for JOTI(& JOTA) consists both of activities developed at world level and initiatives developed at national and local level, supported by National JOTI(& JOTA) Coordinators and their respective teams.
- JOTI is a fun and exciting experience for young people in Scouts and Guides
- JOTI seeks to promote quality Scouting and Guiding in a manner faithful to the purpose, principles and method that is consistent with the needs and aspirations of young people in today’s world.
- JOTI strives for a meaningful engagement of as many young people from as many parts of the world as possible.
- JOTI is an occasion to celebrate Scouting and to generate positive energy to support the development of WOSM and WAGGGS.
- Promote a sense of belonging to the worldwide Scout and Guide movement.
- Promote peace, cultural awareness, tolerance, sharing, collaboration and to encourage good deeds and active citizenship.
- Provide opportunities for the development of teamwork and leadership skills through patrol-based activities.
- Provide exciting opportunities for young people to explore technology and to develop technical skills.
- Promote innovation and creativity.
- JOTI shall offer programme appropriate to young people in Scouts and Guides of all ages.
- The programme for JOTI is developed by the WJJT and approved by the World Scout Committee.
- The JOTI programme shall be a reflection of the Promise, Law, Principles and Method of Scouting, as defined by the WOSM Constitution, and shall also reflect the most up-to-date policies and initiatives of WOSM relating to youth programme.