ScoutWired COVID-19 Action Plan
The ScoutWired leadership team is currently following global trends related to the social and educational impacts of COVID-19. We are aware of local and global quarantine plans that will impact Scouting and Guiding members across multiple jurisdictions, so we have come up with an action plan to assist our users and members during this time.
ScoutWired also would like to remind our users and members to follow increased hygiene practices through this time:
1. Make sure you use anti-bacterial wipes to clean your mouse and keyboard at least once per day.
2. Make sure you use anti-bacterial wipes to clean your headset, headphones, and microphone after every use.
3. Clean your mouse pad at least once per day.
4. Keep your devices clean, use anti-bacterial wipes at least once per day.
5. Do not share touchscreen devices, or video game controllers without using an anti-bacterial wipe between handovers.
6. Make sure that if you are increasing your screen time due to work or school quarantine.
a. Take Breaks.
b. Have down time from screens with alternative activities.
c. Stretch and walk around regularly.
7. For those who are not used to being home and being autonomous:
- There are high risks of procrastination when this is a new routine.
- If you are binge watching tv while you are working, make sure that you have at least a 45-minute uninterrupted work-time period between episodes to maintain work traction.
- Try to limit screen time to blocks of 1 hour, then have a 10-minute break and do some exercise.
- Make a daily task list and stick to it. If you have work/study requirements, get them done first as a priority.
8. Remember to eat properly, junk food will lower your immune system and make being sick harder on your body.