ScoutWired has a dedicated Factorio server. This is a game that users work as a team to build a factory that launches rockets into space. We run this 24/7, and even host some events from time to time.
Our Factorio server has a whole host of things to do! With researching nuclear energy, killing bugs with lasers and launching rockets, we have a lot of work to finish!
“I see conveyor belts when I close my eyes. I may have been binging Factorio lately.” – Notch
How to Join:
This is a step-by-step to join our Factorio server. You will need to own a copy of the game, have it installed, and we suggest completing the tutorials before you start on our server so that you have a feel for the game first.Firstly you will need to ensure you have the latest version of Factorio installed.The Current Factorio Server version is: 1.1.48 (Stable)
- Run Factorio.
- At the main menu select Multiplayer – If you have joined the ScoutWired server previously you’ll see a Continue menu item above.
- The select Browse public games.
- Type ‘scoutwired’ into the search box
- Select our server
- Click Join Game
- Click Synchronize
- Click Confirm to download and sync your mods with the server.
- Wait for the game to restart if necessary then enter the password into the field (Password is below)
- Then click Connect.
If you have the correct password you will download the map and join the game.
If you do not have the correct password you’ll get a box advising that the password was incorrect.
The Current Password is: SWFactory
Join us on https://discord.scoutwired.org #factorio-chat!
- Respect other players.
- No advertising or mentioning other servers.
- Don’t ask to become staff.
- Don’t impersonate staff.
- ScoutWired will ban any user attempting to send unsolicited friend requests.
- Please report the user directly to a Team Member, or submit a ticket on the contact-us page
- No inappropriate language (IE: swearing, abusive or discriminatory)
- No spamming.
- No racism.
- No all caps talking. This is considered shouting.
- No unapproved links.
- Be appropriate
- No counting up or down.
- Don’t complain about lag.
- Don’t curse in public chats or in personal ones.
- No begging. Asking nicely once or twice is acceptable.
- No griefing. Please do not destroy, deface, graffiti, or build on top of another person’s constructions. This includes;
- diverting resources away from the primary factory.
- rerouting trains.
- pulling biters into the build zones so they destroy anything.
- No stealing from crates/boxes including logistic network boxes.
- No hacking. Using interface mods or programs to circumvent our security system can lead to being banned.
- Don’t exploit game mechanics. We’re Scouts and we are working to build a better world together and make an effective fun factory.
- No offensive builds or names.
- No death traps or places where users will definitely die.
- No scamming players.
- Please don’t overload the logistics network.
- No more than 25 construction bots in a personal port.
- No more than 10 total follower bots.
- Don’t share broken, unworkable plans.
- Players caught using plans to break our rules (such as sharing personal info, messaging, or attempting to hack or unsettle/crash our server) will be banned.
- Use labels so we all know what it is your build is doing.
- All technical issues or tech support issues related to Factorio are to go through the Help Desk on the Contact Us page.